Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Special birthday in the family today. They come sooooo fast. I wish I could give The Birthday Girl a really special present. But she doesn't want it. I want to give her the benefit of all my errors. My egregious screw ups, my omissions, my naive wanderings, my fouls, my indulgences, my stubborn refusals, all the lost time. All of it. I wish I could give her my learnings, my lessons from a lifetime of mistakes. But she doesn't want 'em. Apparently she wants to make her own mistakes and gather her own learnings. Life is so unfair sometimes! Happy Birthday, Peed. I hope this next year is the best year of your whole life.


JBelle
Bellemaison
The 'Kan EWA

6 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEED....... hope it was a good one....

It was my Jacob's birthday last month.... he didnt want mistakes and advice either, just the rest of the money towards a top BMX that he has been saving for fa 2 years and needed the extra LOL....

x

JBelle said...

A check. that's all they really want. ;) She's having a party in Seattle on Friday and we are looking forward to giving her a big birthday spanking.

Christy Woolum said...

I was glad you let me know about Kingsolver's book on my blog. She is another I should have listed as a favorite author and I have wanted to read that book. Poisonwood Bible sure stayed with me and I loved Animal Dreams. I will get this one soon. Sigh... so many books, not enough time.

PDX Pup said...

Thanks, mom!

xoxo,
pd

Carla said...

Oh, happy birthday to the birthday girl. May we all have all the time in the world to learn our lessons, and make our own mistakes. Hope each year just keeps getting better.

M. Domínguez Senra said...

These fields of lavender remenber me Provence, in France, but the contents of your blog seems pure american. Have a Happy day, and a lot happy mistakes!