Sunday, April 06, 2008

This is an Air Force recipe that I have used forever. It is fabulous. And fabulous to have in the refrigerator for a quick sip. I put big olives, celery, pickled spicy asparagus, and/or pickled spicy beans in a tall glass, fill to half-glass with ice, then pour in the Bloody Mary. yeah baby.



Dick's Bloody Marys


1 can V-8

2 lemons, squeezed hard for juice

4 drops Tabasco

2 dozen shakes celery salt

1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce


Combine all ingredients into half-gallon bottle. Fill to the top with vodka. Shake well. Refrigerate.




JBelle
Bellemaison
The 'Kan EWA

3 comments:

PDX Pup said...

And make sure you leave the gigantic, opened jar of olives on the table for guests for when you run out of the flowery serving dishes. ;) hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Where the heck is the freshly grated horseradish, hello?

I'm liking the "spicy" V8, myself.
And olives, you say? Mmmm, everything's better with any kind of olive.

Pickled asparagus has me thinkin'...

Christy Woolum said...

I am so glad you posted this. I can't wait to can some pickled beans this summer to add to the mix. For now.... pickled asparagus from Hogue Cellars sounds just right. Now I guess I better plan a brunch!