Friday, January 20, 2006


I am utterly fascinated with the reaction I get when it comes out that I am American. (ah-mare-ee-CAIN!) I get great respect but across the board surprise and puzzlement (many are you sure? ah-mare-eeCAIN? looks). The immigrants are quite impressed that they are talking with an American woman, God bless their baby hearts, and all people here are quite fond of Americans, with no ill will at all. The cab drivers still give you incorrect change, giving themselves a nice tip. I don't argue as hassling cab drivers is not my idea of a good international experiece so I let it go, but exit the cab with loud TSK, TSK, TSK. I never tsk, tsk, tsk anywhere in the US. I cannot feature why I surprise people so. I wear this: black Cole Hahn G series shoes, Dana Buchman black slacks, black Dana Buchman twin set, black Nike vest, black knit hat with 'Idaho' on it and black leopard fleece gloves from Old Navy. Kate Spade sunglasses. Not exactly international couture. It is how it is, I guess. I'm off. The Marais awaits.

JBelle
On Location
Paris, France

1 comment:

stebbijo said...

I just love this -

Some day I want to take you "On Location" to my hometown. You are just the ticket!