Friday, November 13, 2009


On many levels, Gazieantep was my favorite. It's a beehive of a place where people are out and about, smile and speak to you and are purposeful and absorbed in their work. And in a few short years, it could become the site of one of the Top 10 Museums in the entire world. The exquisite and mighty mosaics of Gazieantep...


On the day I was there, the sun shone, the stadium neighborhood rocked with a league game, people were buying and selling and other people stopped me on the street to touch my arm and gaze into my eyes--our only common language. While I learned many things in Gazieantep, wanna know one of the things that surprised me the most? Women who cover their heads go to the soccer games. Who knew?


On this day in Gazieantep, Turkey there were a million 'merhabas' and million olives, too.





JBelle
JoJo Nihili
The 'Kan EWA

No comments: