Saturday, November 14, 2009


The "Here I Am" Answer





















The kindness in your look
is married to the substance
of your eyes.

Joy lives in the kidneys.
Grief in the liver.

Intelligence, that bright candle,
is burning in the matter
of your brain.

These connections have a purpose,
but we don't know what it is.

The universal soul touches
an individual soul and gives it
a pearl to hide in the chest.

A new Christ lives in you
from that touch, but no one
can say why or how.

Every word I say
is trying to coax a response
from that.

"Lord," I call out,
and inside my "Lord" comes,
"Here I am, "
a "Here I am"
that can't be heard,
but it can be tasted and felt
in every cell of my body.


~Rumi
II, 1180-1191

JBelle
JoJo Nihili
The 'Kan EWA

1 comment:

Carla said...

Makes me shiver it's so beautiful.