Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Duck, Duck Goose, Goose Tour
with The Wild Irishman
France 2008



I reread my last post and want to drop back for a moment. First, I should not presume to speak for Joe McNally; you can read his book where he succintly lays out The Tao of Joe for you. 'The Moment It Clicks' is available on Amazon.com and at JoeMcNally.com. It's a great read; see for yourself what he says about lighting, framing and positioning your shot. I'd like to amend my original comments to say that Joe is old-school. If you light it just right, keep moving to play the angles and push your camera to the edge, PhotoShop will be unable to add one thing to maximize the visual impact of your image. Joe McNally above all is a respectful person and I regret I may have represented him as scornful of PhotoShop. He is not. But don't take my word for it; buy the book and read his story. Here is one more shot of somebody I talked to at St-Paul Clinique, who like me, is waiting for a break through. Click on the image for full disclosure.

JBelle
On Location
Sarlat, France

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is always the way I learned this. PhotoShop is good, but a bad picture is a bad picture.

You need to learn how to photography very well first. Then in some situations PhotoShop makes a handy tool to increase the visual impact of a very good pictures.

If the picture is bad, not even PhotoShop can fix it. Your base source for your art must be something in excellent condition or not even PhotoShop can make it good.