Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's a beautiful day here in The 'Kan EWA and no finer day for a ball game. The Chows are doubly excited because it's Saturday night in Denver where the dream lives on. So the game here at Bellemaison is being played even as I write; this is the backstop where the catcher stands. Those of you who have partied here with us will recognize the wash tubs that I bought over in Vinegar Flats at a garage sale and the old baby's bathtub I bought at the Paris flea market; of course, the last time you saw them they were full of ice, beer and champagne. The Chows have put them to a better and higher use. They are pretty keen, those Chows. And believe that you can party anywhere, particularly in the Rocky Mountains.

Anyway, getting back to the ballgame at Bellemaison, if you're gonna play ball, you stand downpool by the pool slide and pitch up the pool deck into the back stop. While each player enjoys their unique defensive and offensive strategies, essentially the game is played with some people standing at midpool so as to try and snag the ball in the air while others stand down at the back stop or even to the side of the backstop at the diving board, hoping for a ricochet and a clean catch. In any case, the person who catches the ball gets to chew it hard all the way back down the pool deck to the pitcher where they drop it and trot uppool as everyone reloads. Is this a game or what! And the party starts in Denver at 5 sharp!

~a special shout out to those believers down in Oregon who live on the BOSTON side of I-5


JBelle
Bellemaison
The 'Kan EWA

11 comments:

Simon said...

Lovely to see you again, JBelle.

This is a splendid post, not least because your dogs are wearing socks.

ThomG said...

The chows need a set of blue & orange Met's socks.

MarmiteToasty said...

LMFAO@you chows wearing socks LOL so funny lmfao.......

you have a pool? omg you jammy sod ....

I to have this thing about old tin baths and buckets and wateringcans.... I have many plants in old tin buckets... I LOVE them....

((JBelle))) xxx

x

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! Oh darlin', I do love them there sox. How great do those guys look, huh, how flippin' fabulous?

Do they wear Halloween costumes or is that too "bourgy" to ask and/or consider. (heh)

One day I shall join you in a glass or four of champagne on that patio or my name isn't "V".

I'll bet you're a hoot at live games. Nothin' beats a loud and appreciative fan. Takes one to know one. (wink)

--

Christy Woolum said...

I hope they proudly wear their Zags colors as another season approaches. Oh my... maybe they only wear those Portland colors.

ThomG said...

it is a sad day in the big apple. ;(

Carla said...

Just got to love those red soxs. Fabulous photos of the chows...must have been quite a party with them around.

mapp said...

Betty and MaryAnn are SOOOO jealous of those sox - they can't find any in their size!!!

PDX Pup said...

HA! Lookit them! With THE SOX! With the Red! That is sheer awesome. Just flippin' cool. If I had pets I'd put red sox on 'em too. Maybe I'll just settle to dress up the Starbucks Bears, then. Hehe.

... said...

If I stand in mid-pool in mid-winter, won't I need a wet suit? I mean, I see that it's covered, but won't my red socks get wet?

The Fool said...

I have to put booties on my dog when it gets real cold so she doesn't pee and freeze herself to the spot. They're cute, but purely functional. Those red socks are much more stylin'! Oh yeah!