Mama JD stopped by with an offer to play I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours. It's been my experience that noone ever really shows you theirs but as MamaJ is a Viking and a Vandal, as am I, it would be unseemly not to play. Downright unsociable! Herewith are 7 random things about JBelle from The 'Kan EWA.
1. I hate to cook.
2. The thing I love about the city, any city, and the woods are one and the same: you go on foot and survive on your wits. Love the city. Love the woods.
3. Don't like driving. Like to drive. Don't like driving. The car is such a bothersome annoyance of day to day living in The 'Kan EWA. I would happily go on foot from the bus. Well, that's not totally true now, is it? I'd love to have a driver. I'd sit in the back seat and fiddle with my iPod and my Treo and hop out and then back in again. Yup, a driver. Would love it. Although let it be know that I LOVE to walk to work.
4. My ideal job: perennial gardener at Manito Park. It's completely true they are doing some lovely things with annuals around the park lately; nevertheless, I want to be in the perennials. And their rose garden is lovely, but they use buckets and buckets of chemicals, making it a highly toxic no fly zone for birds and bugs and bees. sigh. I want to be in the perennials. 12 months a year. In the seventies, the gardeners used to work with their dogs, who of course, had the ubiqutous red bandana tied around their neck.
5. My favorite non-native artists are Chagall and Klimpt. But that figures, right? My favorite local artists in this order are: Horswill, McCudden and Grimes.
6. Which brings up another point: although I have met Michael Horswill (and he IS from Montana), usually I do not have a desire to meet people whose work I deeply admire. Or people I admire. Would rather read their books, know their work, watch them in action.
7. Finally, I am riding my bike through Viet Nam in November with 8 other people I do not know. In through Ho Chi Minh, out through Hanoi. Renting my bike when I get there. Trek. We'll see; we'll see....
Puerta Vallarta, Jalisco