Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm on the Kona Coast, on a working vacation. For those of you who never really liked Social Studies or History, the Kona Coast is in the sublime Pacific, or as anyone who liked Social Studies and/or History can tell you, the best ocean in all of the world.

Our arrival was warm and soft, just like Hawai'i should be. It was gray and overcast, too; just like Hawai'i can be. The wind blows today and along with the gray and the soft, soft air, it leaves me uncertain, and a little anxious. It feels like the 'Pending' file is too big. Just too big. I went shopping, which always reassures me and helps me to get to know the locals. That didn't even help.

I answered emails, fired out new emails ( want everyone to know, really know, I am not slacking), sent Pandas and kidnapped unsuspecting friends on Facebook, and even worked on a tax return. But still that warm wind blows and blows.

Wonder what's coming....

JBelle
On Assignment
Waikoloa, HI

10 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

You are moving coast to coast! Another state I have never been so I hope to be an armchair traveler through your pictures.

The Fool said...

Enjoy! I've never beem to Hawaii either. I look forward to the inside scoop. Take lots of pics!

JBelle said...

Since I have been here, I have charged my phone battery. I have charged my HP computer battery. I have charged my toothbrush, my skincare brush, my iPod. And my Nano iPod. Now, dammit I am charging my camera batteries and tomorrow, I try to document some aloha. And you both, Mrs. Roosevelt and Homer, should come to Hawai'i. I recommend it in any shape or form. siiiiiigh.

Miss Melly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Melly said...

you're my #1 fan...or so someone keeps saying on my Facebook...Mahalo!!!!
Little Miss Melly

JBelle said...

Melly! You show up here just like that? An uber impresario such as yourself? Don't you have, like, advance people who call ahead? You need to be warned: THERE ARE PAPARAZZI AROUND HERE!

MarmiteToasty said...

Whats a well funny film last night that was based mostly in Hawaii.... would love to visit oneday.... jebus girl, you most certainly get around... and Im most pleased cos I get to travel in my mind with you.....

Be safe..

x

JBelle said...

Aloha nui pollo loco. :) If I buy you a flip flop for around your neck, will you wear it?

And yes, I know you don't deserve it. I know also you don't spend money on yourself. I am asking you if you'll wear a flip flop I might buy for you. Around your neck. yes. or no. loco.

pollo.

***

MarmiteToasty said...

A flip flop is a shoe LMFAO...... giggling.... ok, hanging a doc marten around me neck for reference LMFAO....

x

... said...

I've been to Hawaii once in my life. It was exhilarating. The big island, especially. Walked on lava flows, saw the red ribbon of new land falling into the sea and exploding into steam. The mighty pacific ocean tide broke my pinkie finger while I was there, and it healed back crooked. I lifetime reminder of the power of water. Funny story, actually. I was 18. I'll tell you in person, sometime.

Have fun, nice lady. Come back with a XXL Hawaiian shirt for me. One with colors that you think would suit my sensibilities.

Oh.. and did you say something about taxes? I may be seeing you again...

;-)