Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Duck, Duck Goose, Goose Tour
with The Wild Irishman
France 2008



Today's the day. We will explore the caves of Cro-Magnon Man. Last night before dinner we ran a scouting route over the area and there were surprises. Like this: who would have guessed that if you blink your eyes you think you are near the Cataldo Mission or on the north fork of the Coeur d'Alene River? No kidding. I'm a little smug this morning, knowing that the place on this earth where earliest man was known to live and create art looks exactly like home. Funny what springs your righteousness. North Idaho is my pride and prejudice and this morning, I walk with the Coeur d'Alenes, despite being in the mountains of southwest France.


JBelle
On Location
Near Lascaux, France

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my goodness........ I am so excited for you... its gonna be an amazing day, Im pretty sure of that...... how I envy you :) in a nice way you understand..... always in a nice way.. Enjoy JBelle, but then I dont need to say that cos I know you will :)

x

JBelle said...

by the way, this is confit de canard. pieces of duck lathered in fat that you buy and take home and cook, as is.