Saturday, November 05, 2005


The venue has been set: Portland, Oregon. The event: Thanksgiving, featuring the kick off of The Godfather Holiday Film Festival.

The Chows say it's gets damned wet down there but they are happy to make the trip as they want to walk the legs off their Uncle Jonny, known elsewhere as The Christ Child. They also say their Auntie Angela is quite generous with the turkey skin and couldn't give a rip about their hips, their cholesterol, or their teeth. They love Auntie Angela. Cleo says he is looking forward to meeting Buster Harrison, although he doubts they can spend much time together, as there is no way Buster can really keep up with The Chow Nation. Cle says Buster's a candy-ass daddy's boy who doesn't have a clue. And he says Buster's daddy is a candy-ass, too. The other Chows totally agreed.

The People's Choice entry into the film festival is now being deliberated; you can vote, too, by just commenting what you think the appropriate movie would be for the film festival. The film festival, now ten years old, features all three parts of The Godfather Triology. The festival runs from when people come home for Christmas until they leave again and features The Godfather every year. It's only been lately that the festival has started at Thanksgiving; with the early beginning, we now have been able to add a few movies each year. I just hope we get some good nominations this year and we don't have to watch that damn Sound of Music again. I don't happen to be among those who think it's the greatest story ever to float over the big screen. I much prefer Top Gun. That Goose is a cut up! I also like My Fair Lady--Rex Harrison, *two sets of eyebrow raises*. One of my newer faves along with Billy Elliott is Finding Forrester. That guy I sleep with on a regular basis says he going to nominate American Treasure. I can live with that. Without Pacino or DeNiro or Andy Garcia, it offers Cage and Voight: ecclectic but interesting, a off-beat combination yet pleasing to the palate.

As for the menu, it'll be a variety of least effort/best taste offerings that are back by popular acclaim. We're not going to try anything new this year. And we're not going with Grandma Jo's Eternal Pleasers that take 3 weeks to produce and 2 years off your life to do so. This is so we can concentrate the off-film-viewing time to two things: dominoes and running around. Oh, the great American holidays: 4th of July and Thanksgiving. When you can be yourself and that puts you at your very best.
~for my family, in anticipation


JBelle
Bellemaison
The 'Kan EWA

5 comments:

stebbijo said...

Twenty third sounds fine with me.

I thought of Cis too! I am so thankful you thought of it! There is Slight Detour too -- they both live in Sandpoint.

I will see about entertainment -- maybe we could get the unbearabale to show up?

JBelle said...

I am counting on you to provide the absolute best entertainment available; I know you won't let Bre and me down! xxoo

JBelle said...

He'll think Dork when you come back from the best Christmas party of the year, having gone without him! Does he know I am a proud graduate of IDAHO? And that Stebbijo is our Consigliori?? Dork, smork. He'd better watch it. ;)

JBelle said...

Bre, consigliiori is The Godfather's special advisor. And by the way, I have booked your Grease nomination; awesome.

JBelle said...

Omg. Louisa, Marta , and Gretsel's personal representative here in the US has surfaced to harrass me. Help. Help. Help. Sound of Music is stupid. stoopid. stoooopid!